IT certifications boast numerous benefits. They bolster resumes, encourage higher salaries, and assist in job retention. But which IT certifications are best? The best IT certification for you, after all, is likely to be different from that for another technology professional with different education, skills, and goals working at a different company in a different industry. For that reason, when pursuing any professional accreditation, you should give much thought and care to your education, experience, skills, goals, and desired career path.
If you desire to have a certification in Linux System Administration, then following are a few certifications provided by Red Hat, you might be interested in:
Red Hat Certifications:
Among the most highly regarded in IT, Red Hat certifications are earned by passing rigorous practical exams in which candidates must actually perform the real-world tasks required in production environments.
1. Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA): This is an appropriate certification for system administrators and professionals in a wide variety of related roles, including database administrators, developers, and support technicians.
2. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE): This certification is suitable for those who demonstrated the knowledge, skill and ability required of senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
3. Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA): This certification demonstrates the skills and knowledge needed to deploy and manage virtual hosts in production environments using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
4. Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS): This certification is earned by RHCEs who demonstrate deeper capabilities in networking services security, directory services, authentication, and SELinux policy management
5. Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS): An RHCE who has demonstrates` the skills to utilize a broader set of tools from Red Hat’s portfolio to implement reliable, scalable solutions. An RHCDS possesses skills in areas particularly important to mission-critical datacenter environments.