Kubernetes Administrator (Ko999)
- Enroll This Course
What is CNCF?
CNCF is an open source software foundation dedicated to making cloud native computing universal and sustainable. Cloud native computing uses an open source software stack to deploy applications as microservices, packaging each part into its own container, and dynamically orchestrating those containers to optimize resource utilization. Cloud native technologies enable software developers to build great products faster.
We host and nurture components of cloud native software stacks, including Kubernetes, Prometheus and Envoy. Kubernetes and other CNCF projects are some of the highest velocity projects in the history of open source. We are regularly adding new projects to better support a full stack cloud native environment.
5% - Scheduling
• Use label selectors to schedule Pods.
• Understand the role of DaemonSets.
• Understand how resource limits can affect Pod scheduling.
• Understand how to run multiple schedulers and how to configure Pods to use
• Manually schedule a pod without a scheduler.
• Display scheduler events.
• Know how to configure the Kubernetes scheduler.
8% - Application Lifecycle Management
• Understand Deployments and how to perform rolling updates and rollbacks.
• Know various ways to configure applications.
• Know how to scale applications.
• Understand the primitives necessary to create a self-healing application.
5% - Logging/Monitoring
• Understand how to monitor all cluster components.
• Understand how to monitor applications.
• Manage cluster component logs.
• Manage application logs.
11% - Cluster Maintenance
• Understand the Kubernetes cluster upgrade process.
• Facilitate operating system upgrades.
• Implement backup and restore methodologies.
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Exam Curriculum
11% - Networking
• Understand Pod networking concepts.
• Understand service networking.
• Deploy and configure the network load balancer.
• Know how to use Ingress rules.
• Know how to configure and use the cluster DNS.
• Understand CNI
• Understand the networking configuration on the cluster nodes.
12% - Security
• Understand Kubernetes security primitives.
• Know to configure network policies.
• Create and manage TLS certificates for
• Work with images securely.
• Define security contexts.
• Secure persistent key value store.
• Know how to configure authentication and authorization
10% - Troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot application failure.
• Troubleshoot control plane failure.
• Troubleshoot worker node failure.
• Troubleshoot networking
7% - Storage
• Understand persistent volumes and know how to create them.
• Understand access modes for volumes.
• Understand persistent volume claims primitive.
• Understand Kubernetes storage objects.
• Know how to configure applications with persistent storag
19% - Core Concepts
• Understand the Kubernetes API primitives.
• Understand the Kubernetes cluster architecture.
• Understand Services and other network primitives.