The Red Hat Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack Administration (PE110) is a performance-based exam to evaluate your knowledge in managing cloud infrastructures using Red Hat OpenStack Platform. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for using OpenStack across all environments.
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click “Get started” to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.
Audience for this exam
The following audiences may be interested in taking this exam:
- Experienced or novice system administrators who want to demonstrate their use of Red Hat OpenStack Platform skills.
- Students who have attended Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) and are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack Platform
Study points for the exam
Candidates for the Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack Administration should be able to perform the following tasks. These have been grouped into several categories:
Understand and work with director-based deployments
- Use identity environment files to connect to the undercloud
- Use identity environment files to connect to the overcloud
- Use template files, environment files and other resources to obtain information about an OpenStack environment
- Work with containerized services
Configure OpenStack domains
- Create projects
- Create groups
- Create users
- Manage quotas
- Create virtual machine flavors
- Add existing images to an overcloud
- Create security groups
- Create key pairs
- Create and assign networks to projects
- Configure network routers
- Configure software defined networks
- Work with Open Virtual Networks (OVN)
Configure floating IP addresses
- Configure an instance to use a floating IP address
- Configure a service to be accessible via a floating IP address
- Launch instances
- Associate instances with specified projects and networks
- Use key pairs to connect to instances
- Configure an instance during deployment
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) to help prepare.
Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
The Red Hat Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack Administration exam is a hands-on, practical exam that requires you to undertake real-world tasks. Internet access is not provided during the exam, and you will not be permitted to bring any hard copy or electronic documentation into the exam. This prohibition includes notes, books, or any other materials. For most exams, the documentation that ships with the product is available during the exam.