The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Cloud Infrastructure exam (EX210) tests the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to create, configure, and manage private clouds using Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat® OpenStack Platform. The exam focuses on the tasks necessary to maintain a functioning Red Hat OpenStack Platform cluster and manage day-to-day operations.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Cloud Infrastructure, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click “Get started” to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.
Audience for this exam
- Systems administrators or operators who manage OpenStack-based cloud infrastructure
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) who wish to become pursue Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Prerequisites for this exam
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or demonstrate comparable work experience and skills
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators (CL110) and Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210) courses, or demonstrate comparable work experience using Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Review the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Cloud Infrastructure exam (EX210) objectives for this exam
We encourage you to consider attending Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) and Red Hat Openstack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210) to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. We do not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of Red Hat OpenStack Platform skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of systems administration tasks focused on configuring and administering a Red hat OpenStack Platform cloud and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they would perform on the job.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 US business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will we provide additional information upon request.