Learn how to automate Linux system administration tasks with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) is designed for Linux administrators and developers who need to automate repeatable and error-prone steps for system provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 9 and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 2.2.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible Playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective playbooks at scale.
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible Automation Platform with Ansible Vault.
- Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible Roles and Ansible Content Collections.
Audience for this course
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
- Automating configuration management
- Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
Outline for this course
Describe the fundamental concepts of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform and how it is used, and install Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform.
Implement an Ansible playbook
Create an inventory of managed hosts, write a simple Ansible playbook, and run the playbook to automate tasks on those hosts.
Manage variables and facts
Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
Implement task control
Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
Deploy files to managed hosts
Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Manage complex plays and playbooks
Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex plays and playbooks.
Simplify playbooks with roles
Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Automate Linux administration tasks
Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.
Impact on the organization
- Bring operational efficiency by removing manual processes through automation.
- Easily scale the organization’s dynamic IT infrastructure.
- Accelerate application time to value.
- Rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
You will be able to apply automation first principles to solve real-world Linux system and services problems through the effective creation of Ansible playbooks and application of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. You will gain the skills to automate your workflows, build the foundation for DevOps practices, and learn how to leverage Ansible Automation Platform for developmental efficiencies.