Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Administration (DO280)
- Enroll This Course
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)is able to perform the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments. The credential is earned after successfully passing the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam (EX200).
OpenShift Enterprise is a key technology in Red Hat’s DevOps story. Using PaaS has proven to accelerate time to market for many organizations. This course provides the knowledge to take advantage of the platform in a popular DevOps environment.
In this course, students will learn how to install and configure an instance of OpenShift Enterprise, test the instance by deploying a real world application, and manage projects/applications through hands-on labs.
- Container concepts
- Configuring resources with the command line interface
- Building a pod
- Enabling services for a pod
- Creating routes
- Downloading and configuring images
- Rolling back and activating deployments
- Creating custom S2I images
- Comprehensive review
Audience and Prerequisites
Audience and prerequisites
This course is designed for system administrators responsible for creating OpenShift Enterprise instances, deploying applications, creating process customizations, and managing instances and projects.
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have taken Managing Containers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host (RH270) for a deeper understanding of the architecture used by OpenShift, or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration I and II (RH124 and RH134), or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system administration experience
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer
After the Course
Recommended next exam or course
Demonstrate your ability to develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat.
Learn to create, update, and maintain applications using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat.
An RHCSA is required for any of our security courses as it will allow students to utilize the full Linux security administration skill set.An RHCE is highly recommended as it will provide the essential HTTP and DNS service skills.Red Hat Training and Certification will be releasing four security
courses this year, any of which can be taken after an RHCSA is obtained.
Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise
Review features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
Execute commands using the command line interface.
Create, build, and deploy applications to an OpenShift Enterprise instance.
Provision persistent storage and use it for the internal registry.
Build applications with source-to-image (S2I)
Create and build applications with S2I and templates.
Manage the system
Use OpenShift Enterprise components to manage deployed applications.
Customize OpenShift Enterprise
Customize resources and processes used by OpenShift Enterprise.
Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in the course.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.