Introduction to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and OpenShift 4 cluster
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) introduces students to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10.
Course content summary
- Container and OpenShift architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploying multi-container applications
Audience for this course
- Developers who want to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are looking to use container technologies in software architectures.
- Site Reliability Engineers who want to support their technology infrastructure using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
Outline for this course
Introducing container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Creating containerized services
Provision a service using container technology.
Modify pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Managing container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Creating custom container images
Design and code a Container file to build a custom container image.
Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploying multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshooting containerized applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of introduction to container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on an OpenShift cluster.