Red Hat Satellite 6 Administartion (RH403)
- Enroll This Course
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
NOTE: If you are looking for training on Red Hat Satellite 5, please see our Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401) course.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Audience and Prerequisites
Audience for this course
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
Prerequisites for this course
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
- After the Course
Red Hat Satellite installation
Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Red Hat Satellite organization
Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Red Hat Satellite client registration
Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Incorporate software management into software development life cycle
Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Configuration management with Puppet
Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
Configure hosts using Puppet.
Deploy hosts with Satellite server
Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management. Discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.
NOTE: Course outline is subject to change as technology changes and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.